Learn HTML with Us
Web Scripting Language arrangements
using specific codes and arrangements
This is done using specific codes and arrangements. Such a specific code and arrangement of objects is known as a Web Scripting Language.
<!DOCTYPE html><html><body><h1>My First Heading</h1><p>My first paragraph.</p></body></html>
Some basic rules of HTML
- The DOCTYPE is a type of declaration which defines the type of document that you are going to present. <!DOCTYPE html> is the Doctype for HTML5 version.
- The text which is entered in between <html> and </html> describes about the webpage.
- The text which appears in between <body> and </body> tag, appears on the browser.
- <h1> and </h1> is a tag which is used to display a heading.
- <p> and </p> defines a paragraph in HTML.
Understanding Basic HTML
- HTML is a basic web scripting language.
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language.
- Thus HTML is a Markup language which is used to mark text to be displayed and interacted in a desired way.
- Such a Markup Language is able to show the specific characteristics by Markup tags.
- Such tags are used to describe the content in the document.
- Thus, a web page which is created purely by HTML, contains HTML tags and content to be displayed.
- Thus, loosely HTML documents are also called as web pages.
What are HTML Tags?
- HTML languages grows on “tagging” Text with keywords which are surrounded in angle brackets. <h1> is a good example.
Growing on Tagging
- Normally, most of the HTML tags have a opening tag and a closing tag. For example <h1> and </h1>. The opening tag is called as a starting tag and the closing tag is called as End tag.
- The difference in the start and end tags are almost same, only that the end tag has a forward slash, before the name of the tag.
- Thus, the start tag and the end tag are also called as Opening tag and Closing Tag.