This article will be split into parts in the coming days.
Life originated from the ancient seas or the primeval broth and as was suggested by Dawe, a pre-life stage which was a type of cancerous or a “neoplastic” – which had an infinite capacity to proliferate and hence life was postulated as to be evolved from cancer. In the words of Darwin and Weismann, Every life form bears the indelible stamp of its lowly origin from a cancerous pre-life and thus as was said by Dawe, “In a disconcerting way, the development of neoplastic cell populations in contemporary metazoans resembles not only a reversal of evolutionary processes but also a recapitulation of them”. “From cancer thou art, to cancer mayst thou return”. In the olden days the incurability of patients suffering from cancer or the “propensity to proliferate” was laid upon or explained on the thought that mankind has evolved from Cancer in his pre-life and thus would always end up into Cancer.
There occurs a perplexing equivalency in a normal cell and a cancerous cell in their structure and their function, with ability to go overboard than the normal cell and still look and behave in such a way that the cytotoxic agents find it difficult to find the cancerous cells and thus annihilating them becomes a herculean task. Such factors many a times make it difficult for the Oncologist to decide upon a given cell sample and categorize it as a neoplastic cell.
But nature gives her observer cause only for admiration at the simplicity with which she works, and for the astonishment at the proneness of the human wit to explain any phenomenon which appears remarkable by means of infinitely greater and more incomprehensible wonders.
- VON BAER
In the following pages of this review of literature, we will discuss the Cervix and its Cancer, in accordance of the following numbered points:
- Homoeopathic approach for Cancer of Cervix.
- Miasmatic view and Hahnemannian approach for patients suffering from Cancer of Cervix.
- The relationship of genetics with cancer-genesis and its treatment with homoeopathy
- Anatomy of Cervix.
- Histology of the Cervix
- Physiology of Cervix.
- The Human Papilloma Virus and Cancer of Cervix – A brief description
- Risk Factors, pathogenesis and histopathology in Cancer of Cervix.
- Signs and Symptoms and stages of pathological increment of cancer of cervix.
- Investigations requisite for the confirmed diagnosis of Cancer of Cervix.
- Modern therapies prescribed for treatment of Cancer of Cervix
- Staging of Cancer of Cervix
- Recent Advances in the knowledge and treatment option for Cancer of Cervix.
- Preventive measures for Cancer of Cervix.