Ever wondered how to make a cake from Whole Wheat flour instead of using White flour? This would be a very nice cake, also healthy and good for everyone to eat. The procedure is simple and gets done very quick and has a very good taste. Not only this, but it becomes very fluffy and spongy to eat.
Whole wheat Apple Cake is a good companion during tea time or even good for parties and for your “in between” hungers!
- Wheat flour : 1 Cup
- Sugar : 1/2 Cup (You can use Icing sugar, or grind sugar)
- Eggs : 2 Nos
- Baking Powder : 1.5 tsp
- Soda Bicarbonate : 1 tsp
- Apple : 1 finely chopped (You can use crushed apple, grated apple or apple paste)
- Melted Butter : 1/2 Cup (You can use pure ghee, or oil also)
- Water : 1/2 Cup
- Vanilla Incense : 1 tbsp
- Preheat Oven 180*F for 10 min.
- Grease Pan with butter or oil and spread some flour on pan.
- In one bowl add wheat flower, grind sugar, 2 eggs, vanilla incense and finely chopped apple. Mix well.
- In this batter, add melted butter and again mix it properly.
- Finally add water and make it like a paste.
- Add batter in a greased pan and keep it in oven for 25 min.
When you start getting smell of baked cake, then pass a knife in cake. If its comes out clear, then stop baking.
Keep cake in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove cake from the oven and then keep it outside for another 10 minutes to make it cold.
After 10 min remove cake from the pan.
- Use brown sugar or grated Jaggery. These are more healthy.
- You can use any fruit instead of Apple. Ripe mango goes well with this mixture.
- When your are grinding sugar add some cardamom. It gives a good taste to your cake.
- When you putting mixture in greased pan, spread some walnuts on top as it gives a delicious taste.
- You can make this cake with white flour but wheat flour is more healthy.
- If you are vegetarian then don’t add eggs. You can still get a good taste without eggs.